1. Which of the following best describes the term parasitism? (2 points)
One species uses another species as food or shelter causing harm.
2. A type of algae called zooxanthellae lives inside a coral polyp. It photosynthesizes and makes food. The algae has a safe place to live, and the coral benefits from the extra food. What type of relationship is this? (2 points)
3. Oysters and barnacles are in competition for space on a rock. Which of the following best describes this relationship? (2 points)
Harmful, because there will not be enough space for both of them
4. The imperial shrimp, Periclimenes imperator, is sometimes seen riding on the back of large sea cucumbers. The shrimp gets to move around to areas with food and expend very little energy, while the sea cucumber is unaffected. What type of relationship is this, and why? (2 points)
Commensalism, because one species benefits
5. Both cod and haddock are important commercial fish species. Why would it be important for scientists to know more about how these species interact and what they eat? (2 points)
Because species in an ecosystem are interdependent
The correct answer is- One species uses another species as food or shelter causing harm.
the cytokine-activated janus kinase (jak)-signal transducer and activator of transcription (stat) pathway has an important role in the control of immune responses. dysregulation of jak-stat signaling is associated with various immune disorders.